01 January, 2008

Mother I need you!

I can not believe I have forgotten
how to weave ribbons...
My mother used to make them,
and I have made several also,
as a kid, a long time ago...

I have tried all morning,
and failed over and over.


I think I started with 5 strands (double yarn),


- or maybe it was 6 strands..?


No, it make more sense with 5... I think...
And I am pretty positive about
that I am suppose to start in the middle..


One strand from each side alternating...
- remember that part for sure...

This is still not right,
I have to go and practice some more...

5 comments:

blog said...

Hei
Jeg fikk din blog fra en her i Seattle. Jeg er Norsk men bor her
Stikke her jeg gjort hele mitt liv Min mor laerte meg det. Jeg stikker Norske gensere votter og sokker.Men har ikke tatt bilder av alt jeg har gjort men det kommer sikkert
min email er anita_ev@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

Bare innom for å ønske deg et riktig godt nytt år!

Marte said...

The finger weaving, was it anything like this?
http://www.northwestjournal.ca/sash.html

I once saw an old lady do it here, but unfortunately she closed down her store and moved, so I never had the chance to learn.

randi K design said...

Arpelia!...it was EXACTLY like in the link you sent me!!! I am so thankful, and I am off to try it! Thank you!!

Marte said...

Yay, that's great, I'm happy I could help! :)
The method looked familiar from what I had seen. Here they call it "sash weaving", because that's how they make the sash that go with the traditional Quebecer costume.