19 January, 2015

Sisters



Getting the pattern done 
traveling to my home away from home,
during Christmas time,
with decorations being put up and taken down,
having house guests,
 doing larger house repairs,
running between doctor appointments.....
has been a challenge.
But at last,


The sweater is knitted top down. 
This way it makes it easier to control the length 
of body and sleeves. 
It has a loose fit,
 and works great over a long sleeved T-shirt, 
and under a wind breaker for colder days.

It can be worked in 3 sizes, 
(3 - 4) 5 - 6 and (7 - 8) years

Sleeves (long, because kids grow fast) = (12)14 (15)”
Chest width = (13) 14.5 (16)“
Full length (collar not included) = (16) 18 (20)”
Collar = (3.5) 4 (4)“

Yarn suggestions: 
Cascade 220 Heather (worsted), Malabrigo Rios, 
Smart from Sandnes Ull or similar 


Sometimes I wish my days had more hours.....
The list of "should have's and could have's"
is way to long,
and it do not seam to get shorter.


Working from home works best for me,
everything within reach, yarn needles, pen and paper,
computer.... or whatever I should need.


Traveling a lot, as I more and less live on two continents,
 I find myself very often on airports, or in the air.
Patterns gets scribbled down on scraps of paper.
My suitcases filled with yarn,
finished and unfinished projects......


But that's also the charm of it all, 
my treasures, my always within reach,
time consuming joy.


Between the battles
 over getting my own patterns ready,
 I enjoy some smaller quick projects,
like these socks from Drops.


Knee high, great for little feet!
Have a nice day!




4 comments:

Linda Marveng said...

Gorgeous sweaters! I love how they look on the sisters!

randi K design said...

Takk for det Linda! Ja, de fryser ikke med det første i disse genserne... :)

Unknown said...

Nydelige gensere til to fantastisk flotte jenter :)

Skautrollet said...

Nydelige gensere til to flotte jenter. Som en ivrig sokkestrikker så blir jeg jo fascinert av de fine sokkene du har strikket :)